Wednesday, August 26, 2009

She's Back!

This morning started with Mom being taken off to radiology for a biopsy. She came back a few hours later and was sedated. She slept all day. Didn't eat breakfast or lunch. Hadn't eaten dinner the night before. Dr Yu came in and said that like we discussed yesterday, (I don't remember a discussion!), after Dialysis tomorrow they'll move her back to Rio Hondo. I told him NO! Dr. Wang said that if the biopsy under her arm was negative they wanted to check the lesion on her femer. So, she needed to stay in the hospital until ALL the results are in. He supposedly agreed and we'll see what happens now. Dr. Chuong came in and he doesn't think they'll find cancer. He thinks we need to make a "quality of life" decision. So, Patricia and I went out to lunch. Mom was completely zonked. When we got back I said hello to her and she woke up and was more normal than she has been since last Thursday I want to say! She asked intelligent questions and made normal comments. Remembered it was Eddie's b-day Friday and was concerned about him getting his b-day card! So...I don't see putting her on hospice unless she decides it when she's in a coherrent state! We'll see how the next days go and what her alertness level is. She ate all her dinner and then some. She drank lots of water. Hadn't had a drink in almost a whole day. When we left her she was tired, but still knew what was going on.

We'll see what happens. I'll be out of town til Sat. afternoon, so you will not get an update from me.

No comments: