Saturday, August 22, 2009

It's a Jolly Holiday with Gma!

Yesterday when I got to the hospital, Gma talked all things Mary Poppins!
I asked her what she ate for lunch and she said Mary Poppins cookies and a spoon full of sugar!
She said she had a new Mary Poppins sweater that she wanted me to put in a box.
There were lots of animals in her room and 3 little blonde hair, blue eyed girls.
I wonder what she's actually experiencing!
Well, sometime between now and Monday p.m., Gma will have a biopsy of the lump in her right arm pit. Dr. Lee, her new infectious disease dr. found the lump. The nurse told me this morning there was another one too and it was bigger. A different oncologist came in tonight. Didn't do much. They're back to talking about the spots on her bone scan being calcium difficiencies. I wish they'd all make up there minds and be on the same page.
Dr. Lee said yesterday that it's very likely cancer in her bones and now possible elsewhere. She was supposed to have a kidney ultrasound today, but today it didn't happen because of lunch and dialysis. Yesterday it didn't happen because mom threw a fit!
She threw a fit tonight when the nurses turned her over, (like they're supposed to do every hour!) She screamed!!! Kept yelling Betty! Made me chuckle!!!! She doesn't want to cooperate at all. When they rolled her over they also changed her and I got to see her bed sore on the middle of her bottom. Talk about ugly! And they wonder why her white blood cell count is up.
Oh yeah! They're also doing another "nuclear" test on Monday. This is where they shoot her with "nuclear" dye and wait to see where it goes, because it will go to where the white blood cells are and then they'll know what's causing the infection! Hopefully there won't be a shortage of Nuclear whatever like they said about the results from the bone scan!
I think that's about it. I asked Dr. Yu today to please manage her pain better, but they keep asking her if she wants meds and she says no! I'm going to have to point out the line in her advanced directive that I can make decisions for her even if she's capable of making them herself, which in all reality she isn't!
I think that's it. Hopefully we'll know more Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday.
Yeehaw!

1 comment:

April said...

Poor grandma, it doesn't sound like her hotel stay is very nice:( Tell her to get better soon, if she could have ice cream, I would buy her some:)