Friday, August 14, 2009

Gma Grumpy update!

Today Gma Grumpy was mostly out of it. She screams when they have to roll her over to change her. She really doesn't like that. Eddie got to feed her lunch today because I had a previous committment. He said they changed her while he was there, but he left the room. He said she was yelling, "I hate you" to the nurses!!! I don't think I've ever heard my mom say that!!

She's was also running a slight fever and they finally gave her something for it. We haven't decided if the being out of it is part of the healing process, or if it's the meds.

She keeps chewing her medicine and so they'll probably start crushing it and feeding it to her with applesauce. She takes forever to chew. She either forgets she's chewing or falls asleep while chewing. She swallows like it hurts and so she's supposed to be seeing a speech therapist to see if she needs some other kind of help.

She was talking to her mom today, telling her they hurt her. She told Eddie she would miss him when he was feeding her lunch. He asked if she was going somewhere and she said no!

We asked them to remove her bandages from dialysis today and they took off one bandaid and the skin came with it....so now she has a skin tare.

She is back in Rio Hondo Subaccute and Nursing Center. She's in the same room as Feb. 2008.

The sticky stuff is still on the ceiling from where her hearts were hung up on Valentine's day 2008!!!

Her nurses are the same and they remember her and me always fighting the dietician. I'm not fighting this time. If she'll eat...she can eat whatever they give her.

She did already get ripped off. I took a brand new can of air freshner last night and it was gone this morning. I complained!

She was wiggling her toes tonight. She was also telling us she couldn't move them, but she sat there wiggling them.

I asked her if she knew where she was and she said, "the little hospital" I thought that was cute.

I will try and update this blog everyday to keep you all posted!

I'm tired and I'm going to bed!

Dee

No comments: