Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The latest

Almost different day, same story...but.....she did get a pik line today. She did have the nuclear white blood cell thingy. She hadn't had dialysis yet by the time I left at 8pm. She didn't have the biopsy or the 2 units of blood. The 2 units of blood is supposed to happen with dialysis.

The morning started with me feeding her breakfast. She ate everything! That was good. Then she got wheeled downstairs, bed and all for the pik line. I got a two hour break. On the way out of the hospital I ran into Dr. Wang. (oncologist). She said that there is no myleoma. So if the biopsy of the pit lumps is negative we may need to biopsy her bone marrow to see what the lesion on her femer is.
Then Dr. Yu came in at lunch time I think. He's so confusing. Today he told me, that we're still waiting for these tests, but after the biopsy she'll go back to Rio Hondo Subacute and Nursing Center because.....the germs in the air ducts!!!!!!! Does he really think the air ducts at Rio Hondo are magically cleaner than the hospital? He's retarded!!!
Tonight Dr Chuong came in. He's exhausted. He's been covering for Dr. Thornhill who's on vacation. He informed me today that Dr. Lange will be in Thursday to Sunday and he's glad! He's glad! Heck! I'm glad! Dr. Lange is drop-dead gorgeous!!! Unfortunately I'll miss his first two days, but I'm hoping that Saturday or Sunday I'll be able to talk with him and get the real low-down from him. I believe he'll give it to me straight especially if everyone else is talking nonsense still. Dr. Chuong also said that mom looked better last night than she did tonight. I agreed. It's just waiting to see what the tests say. If they're all negative for cancer, then he says our decision is harder because we can continue dialysis, but then it's a matter of quality of life. I'm not gonna worry about that now, just want to hear the test results. See if they can figure out what's infected!
Mom was pretty out of it after the pik line was put in. She did eat lunch. After the nuclear scan stuff, she was toast! She didn't eat dinner. She never was alert at all! It was sad. I'm tired and I'm going to bed!

3 comments:

April said...

This just sounds awful, I hope that she gets feeling better and that the tests come back with good news. You need some ice cream:)

sleepless said...

Sandy..You are awesome and deserve lots of gold stars on your chart for dealing with all this crap !! Eddie gets gold stars too for dealing with you dealing with her !! I personally think she is in some other" between "realm !!

sleepless said...

Sandy..You are awesome and deserve lots of gold stars on your chart for dealing with all this crap !! Eddie gets gold stars too for dealing with you dealing with her !! I personally think she is in some other" between "realm !!