Monday, February 18, 2008

Afternoon Health Update

I got to the RHSNC today and G-ma Grumpy had her shoes and socks on and said she was waiting for "him" to come back and get her ready to go to therapy. "Him" turned out to be Stephen, her PT. He came back and started helping her get her PJ bottoms on and then got paged, so I helped her get dressed and she did really good on her own!!!! They went off to therapy, so I came home for awhile. I went back and she was sitting in her wheelchair eating lunch and watching The People's Court. She actually does watch that sometime, so that was a good thing. She got a phone call from Peggy while she was eating and I told her she needed to answer it. After lunch she signed some birthday cards for upcoming birthdays. She said she still had to do occupational therapy. I told her they were supposed to be having a President's Day party somewhere in the building. She said she wanted to go to it. So I pushed her down to the occupational therapy room. It looked like they were having a meeting in there so we kept going and went to the Activity room. No one was there so we went to the front lobby and it's such a pretty day I took her outside. She liked the pretty pansies in the front flower bed. I took her to the one side of the place and then we went through the parking lot and would go between cars every now and then so she could see the river. There's not much water in it, but there was a guy on horseback!!! She could see the park in the "Gardens." She said that was where she learned to play tetherball. We went back to the front door after cruising the entire parking lot. She said she heard a frog, so we had to look for it. No frog! We went back in and a therapist was looking for her, so I let her go have her occupational therapy. She told me early she gets to put large plastic screws in round holes for therapy!!! When the therapist found us, he said he heard she was doing very well with all her therapy. So...we will see when she gets to come home!!!! She says she's ready today!!!

No comments: