Friday, September 12, 2008

Here we go again....

So, yesterday GmaGrumpy goes to dialysis and so I head to Costco. While at Costco I kept hearing this music and wondered who cell phone was going off. It was mine. I retrieved my message to find that GmaGrumpy's access line was clogged again and unusable. So...I booked it home from Costco and about two hours later she finally arrived from dialysis. It took transport that long to get her home.
So, today at 10:30 a.m. Transport is coming to take her away to the hospital for another Fistulogram/Angioplasty. I should be keeping track of how many times we've done this. The worst part of it is the waiting. For both of us. Hopefully they'll be on schedule today. yesterday they were running about 5 hours behind! Dr. Shin's schedule is booked today, so someone else is doing it. Maybe a fresh pair of eyes, will find something new.
Of course this brought up a few questions for me. Obviously her fistula is a by pass of some sort. Because she's still alive. It hasn't stopped the blood from circulating. I always thought that they way they figured out it was clogged was because they stuck the needles in and nothing happened. Well, usually her fistula vibrates because of the blood rushing through it. You can actually see it and it feels gross. Yesterday...there was nothing going on with it. I mean nothings rushing through it at all.
My other question....how is it that the fistula gets clogged, but the clots don't go anywhere else in her body and kill her. Granted, I'm grateful for it, but it's just very curious. I suppose I'll google it and I'll learn all about it!
Have a lovely day!

No comments: